How to toast pecans. Frying walnuts is an easy way to improve their taste and an extra step to take on autopilot: do it. Toast the walnuts.
Whether you toast them in the oven or on the stove, it only takes a few minutes, and you can dramatically improve the taste of your nuts. If you want to eat them, you can make them the best you can too!
What are good spices for roasted nuts?
Mix one of the following spice combinations with 1-2 tablespoons of oil or butter per 1 cup of walnuts:
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture: 1/4 cup of sugar +1 teaspoon. cinnamon
- Chex mix flavors: 1-1 / 2 teaspoons Worcestershire + 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt + 1/4 teaspoon. Garlic powder + pinch of onion powder
- Cajun spice mix
- Sweet and Spicy Mixture: 1 tablespoon. Sugar + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon cumin + pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pumpkin flavor: 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tsp. Cinnamon + 1 tsp. Pumpkin spice + pinch of salt
Chilli spice mix: How to toast pecans
A simple recipe for frying walnuts in the oven or on the stove. Enhance the taste of walnuts, then add them to salads, snack mixes, baked goods, and more!
- 1 cup of walnuts or more
- One tablespoon of olive oil or clarified butter, optional
- Optional salt
How to roast nuts in the oven: How to toast pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleaning.
- Mix walnuts in oil and salt, if desired. Arrange in a layer on a prepared baking sheet. Toast until golden and fragrant, occasionally stirring, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and chop or use as desired. Or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
How to roast nuts on the stove:
- Mix walnuts in oil and salt, if desired. In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, heat the walnuts, occasionally stirring, for 2 to 5 minutes until they are golden yellow and fragrant.
- Remove from the pan and chop or use as desired. Or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Also Read: How to curl hair