How to unlock disabled iphone. In some cases, it happens that the device’s display shows the message that the iPhone is deactivated. If this is the case, no functions of the iPhone are accessible, and only emergency calls can be made. When trying to connect the device to iTunes, the following error message appears:
How to unlock a disabled iPhone. “ITunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is protected with a passcode. You have to enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes. “
The most common cause of the iPhone disable is entering the device code incorrectly multiple times.
iTunes reports iPhone as disabled: Connect to iTunes
- To reactivate an iPhone that has to deactivate in this way in iTunes, first, connect the iPhone to the computer or Mac.
- Then the iPhone starts.
- If the program recognizes the iPhone, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen.
- However, in some cases, a disabled iPhone does not recognize in iTunes. If this is the case, the iPhone must set to DFU mode (Device Firmware Update). In this mode, only the most necessary resources load when the iPhone starts up.
To activate DFU mode on the iPhone, it is first connected to the PC. Now the home and power buttons of the iOS device press at the same time. After waiting ten seconds, the upper power button release. The home button remains push until iTunes reports that “an iPhone in maintenance mode” detects after a few seconds. At the same time, the device’s display should remain black. The deactivated device can now restore via iTunes and then used correctly.
iPhone disabled: solutions and help
- Connect the iPhone to the computer. It does not matter whether the device is on or off.
- Press the home and power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button, but continue to hold the home button.
- iTunes detects an iPhone in maintenance mode and can restore the device.
You can also manually deactivate individual functions of your iPhone in iTunes.
First, open iTunes to prevent the iPhone from syncing automatically as soon as it connects to a computer. The settings can reach via the “Edit” option in the menu bar. There you select the “Devices” section and check the “Prevent automatic synchronization of iPods, iPhones and iPads”. This process is beneficial if several iOS devices with different media libraries use on one iTunes installation. This prevents data from overwrite by another iTunes library.
To prevent iTunes from managing an iPhone backup in iTunes “href = “// www.giga.de/downloads/itunes/tipps/das-iphone-backup-in-itunes-verwalten/”target = “_ blank “> iPhone Backup created every time you sync, you have to dig a little further into your bag of tricks.
You should use this option if you prefer to manage your backups yourself or if you do not want to store a backup on the computer for performance and storage space. T
o suppress the automatic creation of the iPhone backup in iTunes, look for the file C: / Users / AppData / Roaming / Apple Computer / iTunes / iTunesPrefs.xml.
Open the file with any editor and look for the key “User Preferences”. There you look for the first direct entry and add the command
<key> DeviceBackupsDisabled </key>
- Save the file. Now the automatic backup deactivates for all devices connected to iTunes.
Also Read: How to become a lawyer